Structural Project Engineers (Saco or Brewer)
Two Full-time positions, with ample opportunity for growth and advancement. The function of the Structural Project Engineer is to plan, organize, design, and control the activities of projects to best accomplish the successful completion of all projects to which assigned while operating within the guidelines established by the Project Manager, and within established schedules, budgets, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) policy constraints. Typical projects will entail general Structural Engineering with an emphasis on heavy industrial, power generation, and some commercial project design.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design concept of plans and specifications
- Collaborating and supporting the project team toward preparation of a professional, economical, and effective set of plans and specifications
- Supervising, coordinating, and reviewing work of engineers, technicians, and designers
- Communicating with clients to review design concepts and requirements
- Consulting and advising field engineers, contractors, and inspectors regarding the construction phase of projects
- Scheduling and assigning work to meet completion dates and budgets
- Conducting engineering computations to design difficult and complex engineering projects
- Writing concise technical reports
- Assisting in preparation of project proposals
Work is performed in both field and office settings. Outdoor work is subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions. Work hours are flexible and are subject to change based upon project schedules. The position requires sufficient physical abilities and mobility to work in an office setting and field environment. Frequent site visits may be necessary. Overnight stays may be required for project oversight.
BS in Civil Engineering required. An advanced degree in the area of work specialization is desirable. Minimum of 2-10 years of design experience is required. Registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred. Sound mathematical skills are required. A working knowledge of software such as STAAD, RAMSTEEL and other structural engineering software is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership potential with a desire to develop into a management position.
CES offers competitive salaries and provides many attractive benefits to full-time employees including: health, dental, vision, and life insurances; disability insurance; 401k plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts, Paid Time Off (PTO) and much more. Must pass a physical examination. A criminal background check and driving record check will be conducted.
Human Resources Director
PO Box 639
Brewer, ME 04412
or resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer