Environmental Field Technician (Brewer office)
CES is looking for a proactive, self-motivated Environmental Field Technician to support Environmental Scientists, Project Geologists, and Project Engineers for a variety of environmental field projects, as well as to perform basic Technician responsibilities as needed.
- Performing environmental quality work in field or office settings
- Conducting sampling of landfill gas, groundwater, surface water, wastewater, ash, leachate, soil, and air
- Documenting sampling activities, including completion of field logs and Chain of Custody forms, measuring water quality parameters, purge volumes, and site conditions
- Performing field inspections and records and reports field inspection data in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Reviewing compliance with environmental permits.
- Performing laboratory work such as logging numerical and visual observations, preparing and packaging samples, and recording test results
- Installing and logging soil borings, collection of soil, groundwater, vapor, sediment and surface water samples
Work is performed in both office and field settings. Outdoor work is subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions. Work hours can be flexible but are subject to change based upon project schedules. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and field environment in the performance of daily duties; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Minimum of an Associates’ degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in an engineering related field, or equivalent experience. Should have experience in field inspection or construction techniques and materials. 40 Hour HAZWOPER training preferred. Mechanical aptitude preferred. Valid driver’s license.
CES offers competitive salaries and provides many attractive benefits to full-time employees, including: health, dental, vision, and life insurances; disability insurance; 401k plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts, Paid Time Off (PTO) and much more. Must pass a physical examination. A criminal background check and driving record check will be conducted. Please send resumes to:
Human Resources Director
PO Box 639
Brewer, ME 04412
or resumes can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer